Impact running on wine?

Does anyone have impact running under wine?

Can I configure my Spartan3 Starter Kit from GNU/Linux? If so, how?

I have tried to run impact under wine but it fails to connect even as root. Perhaps this is due to some wrong configuration in my wine.conf.

Thanks Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Rogers

Does anyone have impact running under wine?

Can I configure my Spartan3 Starter Kit from GNU/Linux? If so, how?

I have tried to run impact under wine but it fails to connect even as root. Perhaps this is due to some wrong configuration in my wine.conf.

Thanks Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Rogers

I'd be very surprised if you could run impact under Wine - it needs direct hardware access to the parallel port.

If you are using normal Xilinx ISE tools they can be installed native under Linux - Impact works fine.

Regards,

John

Reply to
John Williams

I tried to do it, but it didn't work. David

Reply to
David Kallberg

What did you try? The native version of Impact does work, but unless you are running the officially supported version of RH8, there are a few steps you need to follow. Mainly, you need to recompile the driver against the source for whatever kernel you are using. Not exactly trivial, but it does work. The instructions and source code are available from Xilinx:

My real email is akamail.com@dclark (or something like that).
Reply to
Duane Clark

Thanks for the tips John! I ran RH7.3... I will try this the next time...

Reply to
David Kallberg