programming 2 pulses using VHDL

I am trying to program 2 pulses - basically a 0-1-0-1-0 transitions. I have a clock inout to my module. I am not sure how to use this clock and get 2 pulses and just stop after that., These 2 pulses are used to light an LED. So it goes on and off and on again.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
fpgawizz

say a counter that starts to count down from, say, 4 down to 0 when triggered. and a pulse output that is set to high at the apropriate moments ?

Lukasz Salwinski