Using VHDL packages

Hey there, I have asked this question in another forum as well but that forum ha gone into the 2nd page and I am not sure how many people would bother goin to the next page.

Anyways, I am trying to implement IIR filter in VHDL. And for tha purpose, I need to use Fixed point arithematic.

Now, I came accross the VHDL Fixed point packages available at:

But I am not sure how to use them? I mean how to compile them? where t copy these downloaded files and then how to compile them? using modelsim but do I need to start a new ISE project and add all these files, if yes where to create the project folder?

So, basically my question (atm) is that how to use these VHDL packages ( kind of a general question)?

I gave a little bit of description about what I am doing coz i thought ju in case.......??

Any comments/suggestions at all are welcome, Thanks very much, Kami

Reply to
kami

ng

if you use modelsim, just vcom the pkg file first then your other design files I think is just fine.

Reply to
dadabuley