passive serial quaestion

Hi, Everyone, I have one question regarding passive serial programing of altera fpga.

Can flex 8000 series be programed in the same way as cyclone families. Which programing file is used when fpga is programed .sof or .pof. Is the programing equipment compatible.

Thanks for any kind of help Zoran

Reply to
Zorjak

See "Configuring FLEX 8000 Devices":

MikeShepherd564

Thank You, Mike best regards Zoran

Reply to
Zorjak

There are differences. I think FLEX actually has MORE ways to configure, eg parallel.

A sof is an "sram object file" and is the actual FPGA bitstream. A pof (programming object file??) is a container for writing flash devices. You can put more than one sof in a pof (as well as other data). You use the sof if you do direct JTAG programming.

The 'programming equipment' is typically an Altera byteblaster cable. The byteblaster MV cannot program flash devices (iirc) while the byteblaster II can.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Reply to