Altera/Xilinx Distributor in Europe?

Hi, I am looking for a distributor of the altera ep1k10 fpga series. I need to order a small number (1-5) of these devices together with configuration proms, oscillators etc. Is there any distributor in Europe (Germany?), who offers this?

If you could answer the same question also for Xilinx fpga's as well as for A/D converters like adc0831 or adc08060, you would help me very much.

Thanks Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Birger

have a look at

for the Altera parts.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Thanks for the address. I've called them: same problem as with "Spoerle"

  1. They only sell to companies, not to private persons.
  2. Their minimum package quantity is in general 30-90. But I don't want to order some 50 FPGAs, 10$ each.

Is it impossible to buy a single altera FPGA chip without founding a company??

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Birger

distributors DO sell in "sample" quantity if asked too. but yes, for some items minimum quantity is "tube"

is greate for small quantity also with pricing as example small quantity Xilinx pricing at digikey is almost

1:1 same as from disti (disti may give 5% lower price) well with digikey shipping and tax applies so small quantity goes more expensive. I think this applies to other similar catalog companies as well :(
had some ACEX chips overleft you could ask Martin

antti xilinx.openchip.org

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Hi, Patrick,

please specify the part number and quantities for the Altera and National devices you are looking for (Speed, package ...) and send me the list( snipped-for-privacy@devboards.de). Please add your Name, address, telefon number...

Oscillators you can buy at

regards, RR

Reply to
rr

Patrick, have you tried Arrow?

I'm sure I bought components off them on a personal credit card a few years ago (before starting NSD Ltd).

Nial Stewart

------------------------------------------------ Nial Stewart Developments Ltd FPGA and High Speed Digital Design Cyclone based 'Easy PCI' eval board

Nial Stewart

I had that problem with motorola parts years ago. All distributors only would sell to a company.

After telling Motorola at a trade fair in munich, he checked back that the contracts between motorola and the distributor required the distri to sell to anyone.

As it looks like, Xilinx has a contract for exclusive distribution of its FPGAs with Avnet and Insight. It is hard to believe that any company would give exclusvie distribution rights to another company and than allow that company to restrict the customer base. My experience with insight is, that you need to be persistent.

If in doubt, purchase from digikey. They ship to europe. Also, look for companies in your area that use FPGA. They might sell them to you.

For crystals I like

Kolja Sulimma

Reply to
Kolja Sulimma