Passing OPB signals through submodule

Hello, I'm trying to create a submodule in EDK that contains microblaze and a custom core that basically just passes some of the OPB signals through to the top:

--forward signals CLK

Reply to
jralston

Check out the Xilinx Tech Exclusive at :

I went thru it and got a peripheral to work using PPC (not MicroBlaze). It goes through some steps about simulating the OPB interface. You might want to investigate the use of ChipScope Pro too.

-Newman

Reply to
newman5382

After further consideration, IIRC, the mentioned tech exclusive did not read back data, it is an LCD display.

Newman

Reply to
newman5382

Thanks for the advice. I was able to get it working, turns out my problem was a timing issue on the IP2Bus_Ack line.

For the interrupts I figured out that I could not just set the global interrupt handler in the Microblaze S/W settings in EDK, but had to do it explicitly by adding the line: microblaze_register_handler(int_handle, (void*)0); to my setup routine.

Reply to
jralston