OPB component for serial Flash?

Hi!

I want to store the program code for the Microblaze processor in my serial configuration Flash and use a bootloader to copy it to the external memory. Is there an OPB component available that connects to the serial Xilinx Flash, when the Flash is connected to the FPGA like on the Spartan3 Starter Kit Board?

Thanks, Matthias Alles

Reply to
Matthias Alles

Matthias,

Check out Xilinx Application Note 482. It provides a reference design to accomplish exactly what you are requesting and the example provided works for the Xilinx Spartan-3 Starter kit board.

Cheers, Shal> Hi!

Reply to
Invalid User

You can use general purpose I/O and do bit twiddling in software. It's a bit strange solution in an FPGA, but you do not need to add your own hardware to the OPB.

Kolja Sulimma

Reply to
Kolja Sulimma