ngdbuild, edif2ngd Pipe ended error

Hello folks,

I am getting this intermittent error when running ngdbuild from the command line:

// START error Release 5.2.03i - ngdbuild F.31 Copyright (c) 1995-2002 Xilinx, Inc. All rights reserved.

Command Line: ngdbuild -quiet -dd ./_ngo -uc test_design.ucf -p xc2v3000-fg676-5 test_design.edf test_design.ngd

Launcher: Executing edif2ngd -quiet "test_design.edf" "_ngo\test_design.ngo"

ERROR:NgdBuild:527 - Failed to launch program edif2ngd: The pipe has been ended.

ERROR:NgdBuild:28 - Top-level input design file "test_design.edf" cannot be found or created. Please make sure the source file exists and is of a recognized netlist format (e.g., ngo, ngc, edif, edn, or edf).

Writing NGDBUILD log file "test_design.bld"... // END error

This happens when using edifs from coregen and synplify pro - the edifs are present.

If I rerun it with the same input edif, the error doesn't happen!

So, it is some transient condition that is causing this.

Xilinx answer 16491 is the only one that talks about error 527 and it only mentions invalid chars/spaces in the edif path as being the problem but this is not the case. It does not mention "the pipe has been ended". Nothing in the archives/web either.

Anyone encountered this before or have any suggestions please?

Thanks for your time.

Ken

--
To reply by email, please remove the _MENOWANTSPAM from my email address.
Reply to