Modelsim simulation Q

Sorry for this newbie-like question, but I can't remember how I did it before for the life of me.

Normally I pre-select certain signals before I run the sim, and look at those in waves. The problem is, if you want to look at signals that weren't pre-selected, you have to select them and re-run the sim, which is time-consuming.

I know there is a way so that you can have all signals (or all submodule signals) simulated and stored in a database so you can drag necessary signals into the waves as needed. This is without having all signals show up in the waves.

I thought this was a Modelsim command. Or, is it a language specific command in the design/tb? Help?

Thanks,

Reply to
fastgreen2000

log -r *

Rob

Reply to
rob.dimond

Reply to
Wei Wang

Thank you both.

For others who had a memory lapse like me - it cannot be done interactively, so make sure you do 'quit -sim'. Scope of visibility can be narrowed down by doing log -r /tb/dut/ module1/*, etc.

Reply to
fastgreen2000