Modelsim Aliases

I would like to spilt up information on a memory data bus into its components. Some text have suggested aliases as a way of doing it. Is it the best way? Modelsim doesn't seem to show the aliases that I define, or, more likely, I don't know how to get Modelsim to show aliases. How is that done?

Brad Smallridge b r a d @ a i v i s i o n . c o m

415-661-068
Reply to
Brad Smallridge

Consider declaring each vector part separately.

That's the way it is.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Thanks Mike,

Hmm. I can do that. What though is happening when I do a clockless scheduled event,

mem_input( 7 downto 0 )

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

Top port signals represent wires. Synthesis requires a process that uses port and process values to update process variables and port signals at each rising_edge(clk).

Such a process might at some point read a port slice: my_upper_byte_v := my_in_port(7 downto 0); And perhaps drive a wide port: my_out_port

Reply to
Mike Treseler