ISE 8.1 linux 64bit license key

Hi all, I've installed ISE 8.1 for linux (32 bit) on a Debian machine with no pain at all, it works fine.

Now I'm trying to install the same release on a dual core AMD64 machine, with debian 64 bit, and all works fine until I need to insert the serial code of the product, wich is ever refused. Note that I'm using the _same_ serial I used for the 32bit machine, and our Xilinx man said that's right.

I would like toknow if anyone experienced the same problem, and if with rhle 64 bit it works correctly with the same key, or if I need a special key for 64bit release...

Thank you.

--
Marco
Reply to

If you're using ISE Foundation (the paid version), your key should work for both 32-bit and 64-bit.

For Webpack, only 32-bit is supported.

If you have trouble with getting 64-bit installed, as a temporary workaround it is fairly easy to force an installation of the 32-bit version on a 64-bit machine.

Reply to
Eric Smith

Eric Smith ha scritto:

I was trying to install the Foundation one, but our Xilinx consultant gave us a serial id only for 32 bit version :-( After a lot of phone calls and emails, I got the right code, and now it works fine on a debian dual AMD64 machine! But... there is not chipscope for that architecture, I found Chipscope available only for 32bit computers :-(

I tryed to install chipscope for linux 32 with then official 64bit java virtual machine from Sun Microsystem, but the coreinserter hangs just on starting :-(

Hoping chipscope will be released very quickly for 64 bit architecture...

Thank you very much.

--
Marco
Reply to

The basic 32 bit tools run fine on 64 bit Linux, I'm running them on 64bit FC4. I'm also running 32 bit NCVerilog on 64 bit FC4 instead of 64 bit NC because the 32 bit version is faster. The only reason to run 64 bit applications is if you need > 4G of memory which isn't necessary with any of the current parts. CAE applications are all integer so they slow down if you double the size of all of your integers and pointers which is why you should use the 32 bit versions if you can.

As for ChipScope, you only need that on your lab machines. There is no reason to put a 64 bit OS on a lab machine. In my experience lab machines tend to be older boxes but even if you have a brand new A64 system out there it can still run a 32 bit OS. AMD64 systems don't need a

64 bit OS, they work fine with 32 bit OSes. I run 32 bit FC4 on my single core A64 desktop and laptop machines, and 64 bit FC4 on my dual core 4G server box. There is 0 difference in performance between 32 bit FC4 and 64 bit FC4, the only reason that I'm using 64 bit FC4 is so that I have the option of running a 64 bit app if I ever need to.
Reply to
Josh Rosen