ISE 7.1 for 64 bit Linux ???

It's been now several weeks since the release of 7.1. However I still have not seen a "fix" that would allow us to install ISE 7.1 on 64 bit platforms:

[rudi@cpu10 ISE71i_DesignEnv_lin64]$ ./setup /home/tmp/7.1/ISE71i_DesignEnv_lin64/platform/lin64/bin/lin64 /home/tmp/7.1/ISE71i_DesignEnv_lin64/platform/lin64/xilsetup: Symbol `_XtperDisplayList' causes overflow in R_X86_64_PC32 relocation /home/tmp/7.1/ISE71i_DesignEnv_lin64/platform/lin64/xilsetup: Symbol `_XtGetPerDisplayInput' causes overflow in R_X86_64_PC32 relocation Wind/U Error (294): Unable to install Wind/U ini file (/home/tmp/7.1/ISE71i_DesignEnv_lin64/platform/lin64/data/WindU). See the Wind/U manual for more details on the ".WindU" file and the "WINDU" environment variable. /home/tmp/7.1/ISE71i_DesignEnv_lin64/platform/lin64/setup: line 163: 19510 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $setuploc/xilsetup $switch $batchfile

************ setup done! ***************

Will xilinx ever release a setup program that works, or do we have to wait for 7.2 ?

Thanks, rudi ============================================================= Rudolf Usselmann, ASICS World Services,

Your Partner for IP Cores, Design, Verification and Synthesis

Reply to
Rudolf Usselmann

FWIW, I didn't have a problem installing it on a Dell machine w/ 2 AMD Opteron 64-bit running RH Enterprise 3.

Jim

"WINDU"

$batchfile

Reply to
Jim Wu

I thought, Dell just sells Intel ? ;-)

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Entner

I think you're confused. Are you sure it's a Dell machine with AMD Opterons ? Or do you mean a Dell machine with two cpus supporting AMD64 extensions from Intel ?

Sorry my mistake. It's been a while since I got the machine. It's a Sun Fire V20Z machine.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wu

"WINDU"

19510

$batchfile

Howdy Rudi,

I don't know if your posting prompted it, but two days after you posted, an answer record is now avaialble on this issue:

Good luck,

Marc

Reply to
Marc Randolph

Thanks for the pointer Marc !

Unfortunately I am using a "unsupported OS" (FC3) ... So I guess I am out of luck using 7.1 64 bit ...

I have tried making sure all xilinx environment variables are not set, and that the installation directory is empty - I am still getting seg. fault ...

Thanks ! rudi ============================================================= Rudolf Usselmann, ASICS World Services,

Your Partner for IP Cores, Design, Verification and Synthesis

Reply to
Rudolf Usselmann

Strange, I'm using FC3 and it works for me, with one inconsequential problem. It needed older versions of some libraries before it would load, but after I installed those it was fine. I posted about that on March 14:

Eric Smith

Eric,

I read your post and did try the things you suggest, but like you, I too was NOT successful, installing the 64 bit version of ISE 7.1.

Best Regards, rudi ============================================================= Rudolf Usselmann, ASICS World Services,

Your Partner for IP Cores, Design, Verification and Synthesis

Reply to
Rudolf Usselmann

Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough so I didn't realize that you were trying to use the 64 bit version. I've been happy with the 32 bit version.

If I had the full ISE rather than BaseX, and wanted to run the 64-bit version, I'd probably install Centos Linux 3.4 (community-maintained derivative of RHEL 3):

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith