ISE 8.2i and EDK8.1i

Hi all, I would like to know before upgrade if EDK8.1i is compatible with ISE8.2i.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

GaLaKtIkUs=99 schrieb:

NO

Antti

Antti

Argh! I wish I had thought to ask first! Double-argh! When will Xilinx become more responsible with their version upgrades!

Reply to
rsg

rsg schrieb:

more responsible with their version upgrades!

when searchin back in c.a.f. I found that in

EDK 8.2 SP2 was targeted September 2006, but - well I would assume the product itself (EDK 8.2) should be released first? If Xilinx is going to release EDK 8.2 SP2 in sep 2006, when does then EDK 8.2 become available !? And EDK 8.2 SP1 ?

Ok, I know EDK 8.2 is actually ready, but Xilinx Website still says that latest EDK version is 8.1 !?

I guess Xilinx webmaster is on the vaccation again. There are two words I have for the Xilinx webmaster, unfortunatly not translateable: "na mylo!". Ok its is transalateable => means that the target person should be boiled for the sole purpose of gaining soap.

:) smile I am not that frustrated, but the way Xilinx website and marketing is out-of sync with the products and services is not really funny.

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Nu zachem tak uzh srazu... Seriously, I don't think it's a job for one person, so maybe he/she is a little overwhelmed...

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

MM schrieb:

ty prav, I sometimes overdrive my comments. I had just wasted 2 days with webpack download, and the website is somewhat broken most of the time. but you are right the 'poor webmaster' possible isnt the only reason that people do have frustration with Xilinx website.

I realized myself that my commentary was too heavy and possible wrongly addressed - but solving the issues with xilinx website accessibility and faster update of latest info would not hurt

antti

Reply to
Antti

Just found this out yesterday: EDK8.1i won't even run if ISE8.1 isn't installed. A co-worker with little free disk space uninstalled his ISE8.1i and installed ISE8.2i. Yesterday, he wanted to run XMD and found that EDK8.1i won't start up because it can't find ISE8.1i. It's possible to have several versions of EDK and ISE installed (if you have the room).

--
Joe Samson
Pixel Velocity