ISE 6.2i strange behavior

Hi !

I installed ISE and EDK 6.2i with SP3, and ISE as a stange behavior. When I go through steps synthesis, P&R and .bit generation every thing is ok. If I launch impact or if I swap to another windows application and back to ISE, all green marks go back to ? and ISE launches the wholel flow !!!! It is a big waste of time !

Does anyone has a clue ?

Just one point, there was a ISE 6.3 install on this computer which was not removed correctly.

Thank you.

Stéphane.

Reply to
sjulhes

Try using the "Run All" option after right-clicking in iMPACT and see what happens. Could be that you have a corrupted version of ISE 6.2 for which later modules (i.e. ISE 6.3) are in your setup. I would uninstall everything from the Xilinx folder and reinstall from scratch, but saving your projects using the archive option. Also make sure you are using Win XP or 2K pro.

-Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Lohbihler

Stephane, I experienced a somewhat similar problem several months back, and it too was with ise6.2. All the project files were on a remote workstation for some type of corporate back-up thing. It was rumored that it did on the fly file compression, had some type of disk file caching system, any who knows what else. I tried putting all my files on the local hard disk, and compiled from there. That solved my ISE dependence compiling problem.

-Newman

Reply to
Newman

Thank you for your answers.

I installed ISE + EDK 6.2 (without any SP from scratch) on on labtop and it works fine.

I guess my desktop is corrupted with all these software install/uninstalls !

"sjulhes" a écrit dans le message de news:

437b395e$0$10968$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr...
Reply to
sjulhes