Will ISE 8.1 work together with EDK 7.1?

Any issues?

--

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 2 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

Anonymous

one it will not work ISE, EDK and ChipsCope must be same major release

antti

Reply to
Antti.Lukats

I am also interesetd. I will try today, in a couple of hours I may give you some answer..

Best regards,

Zara

Reply to
Zara

Continuing....

Just tested it. I had to make a copy of [EDK]\bin\nt\xps.exe to [EDK]\bin\nt\_xps.exe so that ISE found it.

Launched synthesis, and not to my surprise, the _xps process hanged, with 98% CPU usage. I say not to my surprise, because the same happened when changing form 6.2 to 6.3, and form 6.3 to 7.1. It would be nicer from Xilinx, if there appeared apopup window, or a console line, telling us the versions don´t match.

Welle, let´s wait fro the new EDK 8.1 release, whenever it comes.

BTW, someone from Xilinx told me some time ago that EDK 8.1 will, at last!, support C++. I hope it will.

Best regards,

Zara

Reply to
Zara

thanks for the info.

C++ would be good to see.

--

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 2 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

Anonymous

C++ works for me in 6.3 and 7.1 What doesn't work? I had to add extern "C" to a few header files. I don't use many C++ features, however.

Alan Nishioka

Reply to
Alan Nishioka

Whenever I use templates, chaos begins...

Zara

Reply to
Zara

I see. Not something I use. I assumed that it would work since it is gcc, but I guess more stuff needs to be ported.

Alan Nishioka

Reply to
Alan Nishioka