Is WebPACK 6.1 generally broken, and what of 6.2?

Hi:

As I understand it, the Impact tool doesn't work with Parallel IV cables, which my experience confirms.

Also, I had a plethora of other problems when I attempted to upgrade to 6.1:

  1. The fitter takes much longer to do its thing, even to fit a single AND gate takes a lengthy wait.

  1. The thing forces me to read HTML reports, which take a long time to generate. And it seems to have to run some stupid java applet. I suppose there may be a way to turn this off, but it was very annoying.

  2. If I close the HTML report, it removes all the green checkmarks from the completed processes, and so when I go to configure devices, it has to fit all over again!

Because of all this, I have simply ignored 6.1 and have been using 5.2, which works.

The question really is, should I bother to try 6.2 ?

Good day!

--
____________________________________
Christopher R. Carlen

5.2,

If your design fits and works as expected, I'd say don't get update-happy just yet. We have a CoolRunner XPLA design that requires 3 MC more in 6+ than 5.2 (and thus won't fit), even after we went over the settings ensuring they were identical. Always archive the required software with the project..

Another annoying thing in 6.2 is that apparently they haven't tried the java on a machine with regional settings set to Danish. Danish uses ',' as decimal separator and '.' as thousands separator, they haven't handled that, and the java code throws a conversion error at the end of the fitter run.

/Kasper

Reply to
Kasper Pedersen

Indeed. Good advice.