Interfacing Spartan3 FPGA to 5V PCI

Hi, is setting the Vcco of Spartan3 banks to +3.3V would allow the FPGA to work with a 5V signaling environment like 5V PCI? Or there are some other means to do this?

Thanks.

Reply to
yy

Hi, Look in Virtex-II user guide, "5V Tolerance in Virtex-II Devices", page

209. I think the same will apply to Spartan3 IO

Cheers Sudhir

yy wrote:

Reply to
Sudhir.Singh

Hi, I tried to search for the document that you're referring but i cant find it, do you have the reference no. of the document? I have read some other document:

which tells it is needed to have an external resistor for 5V signalling. BTW, what does that document says about 5V signalling?

Thanks.

Reply to
yy

Hi You can find the document at this link

Page 209

You need to put an appropriate series resistor to limit the amount the current that flows through the clamp diodes.

H> snipped-for-privacy@email.com wrote:

Reply to
Sudhir.Singh