Implementing DVI EDID on Stratix II GX?

Hello, I have a project which will require a DVI output and was wondering if it is possible to have the FPGA do the DVI EDID? If anyone has some experience with the EDID I would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks, joe

Reply to
jjlindula

since EDID is just a I2C PROM with data for the graphics card, i think it is possible to do it in an FPGA with an I2C slave core and some memory attached to it ... DDC = 5V I2C so be carefull how to attach it to the FPGA ...

i think it is possible ... just be very carefull if you want an dynamic EDID PROM value, those can be very tricky ... then you would also need an HPD (Hot Plug Detect) logic...

Reply to
yttrium