image processing

hi to all, I'm developing a filter for imaging with matlab. In few days the code will be completed but I don't understood if is possible to compile it directly to vhdl, without rewrite all the stuff from scratch...

Any experience or suggestion about it?

Thanks!

Reply to
lerbacattivanonmuoremai

Check with the folks at Matlab. I seem to remember reading something just recently about some product that they have that automatically converts Matlab into VHDL or Verilog. Sorry I don't remember more of the details though.

KJ

Reply to
KJ

If you are using Simulink then you can purchase the HDL Coder add-on which will generate synthesisable HDL for some of your blocks. If you use m-code then there is a very powerful product called Catalytic MCS which converts m-code into Catapult (Mentor's C synthesiser) compatible C code, for these 2 products you do need a healthy EDA budget :-)

Hans

Hans