FYI: Spartan-3 XC3S50 through XC3S1500 Back on Xilinx Online Store (www.xilinx.com/store)...

Just FYI, the Spartan-3 XC3S50 through the XC3S1500 FPGAs are all available
now via the Xilinx online store at ...
http://www.xilinx.com/store

... or via the following speedy link.
http://tinyurl.com/b6gsn

Be sure to click the Refresh button on your browser.

Also FYI, the Xilinx Online Store primarily services small-volume or
prototyping applications.  If your project requires larger production
volumes with corresponding volume pricing, please contact your local Xilinx
distributor or Xilinx sales representative.

Xilinx Authorized Distributors
http://www.xilinx.com/company/sales/ww_disti.htm

Xilinx Sales Representatives
http://www.xilinx.com/company/sales/ww_reps.htm

Xilinx Sales Offices
http://www.xilinx.com/company/sales/sales_offices.htm

---------------------------------
Steven K. Knapp
Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc.
General Products Division
Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs
http://www.xilinx.com/spartan3e
---------------------------------
The Spartan(tm)-3 Generation:  The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.

Re: Spartan-3 XC3S50 through XC3S1500 Back on Xilinx Online Store (www.xilinx.com/store)
available
Xilinx

WAU!

I did think that largest devices at online starte are (and will be) S3-400,
having 1500 also listed is nice move!

Antti

Re: FYI: Spartan-3 XC3S50 through XC3S1500 Back on Xilinx Online Store (www.xilinx.com/store)

<snip>

Can you put some numbers on that ?
If we accept that 250,000 or 500,000 pcs in 2006 is largish volumes,
what is the Xilinx threshold for "small-volume" ?

Is it a price threshold, or a units threshold, and what happens if you
go over it ?

-jg

Re: FYI: Spartan-3 XC3S50 through XC3S1500 Back on Xilinx Online Store (www.xilinx.com/store)

Xilinx

The Xilinx Online Store offers products for near-term delivery, essentially
at the single-unit pricing.  While we would be more than happy to ship
thousands of units at that price, you will receive better pricing through
one of our world-wide sales partners for volumes exceeding 25 units.
---------------------------------
Steven K. Knapp
Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc.
General Products Division
Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs
http://www.xilinx.com/spartan3e
The Spartan(tm)-3 Generation:  The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.

Re: FYI: Spartan-3 XC3S50 through XC3S1500 Back on Xilinx Online Store (www.xilinx.com/store)
I think the online store is meant for sending you really small numbers
of devices, really fast.
That's the Digi-Key model: "Single-unit price, but you have it next
day. No discussion, no rebates, no returns, no support". Ideal for
prototyping.  If you need a hundred, talk to the distributor.

Peter Alfke

Site Timeline