FPGA : P&R problem - Help !

Hi I am facing the following problem during P&R of my design

=================================== Error - Description Phase 1.1 ERROR:Place:341 - The design contains 3 Block RAM components that are configured as 512x36 Block RAMs and 11 Multiplier components. The Multiplier site adjacent to the location of a 512x36 Block RAM component must remain free because of resource sharing. Therefore a device must have at least 14 Multiplier sites for this design to fit. The current device has only 12 Multiplier sites.

===================================

I am using FFT core with 18-bit as the input data width, then all these above errors pops up if i reduce the input width to 17-bit, the design won't give any error.

can any body help me to sort this problem ??

Thanks in advance

Bijoy

Reply to
bijoy

Bijoy, Use a bigger FPGA? You've used up all the resources. It works at 17 bit wide, because the multipliers are 17x17, if you're doing signed arithmetic. HTH, Syms.

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

Symon

ERROR:Place:341 - The design contains 3 Block RAM components that are configured as 512x36 Block RAMs and 11 Multiplier components. The Multiplier site adjacent to the location of a 512x36 Block RAM component must remain free because of resource sharing. Therefore a device must have at least 14 Multiplier sites for this design to fit. The current device has only 12 Multiplier sites.

errors pops up if i reduce the input width to 17-bit, the design won't give any error.

I believe someone mentioned recently that you cant use a block ram and it's adjacent multiplier at the same time if the block ram is configured in 36 bit mode.

A possible solution, which may or may not work, would be to build each

512x36 RAM you require out of two RAM's configured as 1024x18.

Cheers,

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Ray

Hi Andy, Yeah, that might work. Make the 512*36 a 1024*36 made from 2 off 1024*18. Then it should fit, as you've still only used 6 BlockRAMs. Cheers, Syms.