EDK:input to microblaze

hi, I want to input data from outside the board to the microblaze.can i do it using uart in my design?Can i make this data come from the hyperterminal to the uart and from uart to microblaze?In such a system what ever output microblaze sends outside the board can come on the hyperterminal.Can this output data go to a file? Thanx

Reply to
kittyawake

Yes.

Yes.

Yes, HyperTerminal can capture to a file.

-- Dan Henry

Reply to
Dan Henry

Hi Dan, Can you give us some more specific details how to do it (or anyone that knows ;-)? It would be a great help. Thanks,

-HT

Reply to
Herb T

that

Reply to
kittyawake

You can implement X-modem protocol in your code at the microblaze and transfer datablocks with hyperterminal (or a better program: CRT). In these programs you can choose to transfer a file by using the X-modem protocol. In your program at the microblaze you only have to store the datablocks at the right place...

Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg

Instantiate a uartns550 or uartlite. Build with a software library at a level appropriate for your needs. EDK will populate your project directory with (for example) ../libsrc/uartlite_v1_00_b/src/.. containing library source code to perform UART transmit and receive.

The drivers are documented by the source code and in xilinx_drivers.pdf in the EDK's doc directory.

--
Dan Henry
Reply to

Please don't top-post.

I have posted ideas in reply to Herb T.'s post.

--
Dan Henry
Reply to

Dan, Thanks for responding and for your help.

-HT

Reply to
Herb T