Development Boards -Your chance to suggest features

Go on John, enlighten us :-) Where do you get your names from? Do you just open a random OS (that's Ordnance Survey for non-Brits - not operating system!) map and stick your finger on a remote village or something?

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
 Click to see the full signature

The older names Broaddown, Raggedstone, Swinyard, Hollybush are hills in the local Malvern Hills chain and if you search around you can even see pictures of them on other websites. Moel-Bryn is the ancient celtic name for Malvern or "Bald Hill" as far as I understand. We even have remains on the hills of iron age fortifications to go with all that.

The newer names we are now taking from the Galloway hills in southern Scotland. So far we are using Tarfessock and as of a couple of days ago Darnaw. We might even give some prizes for correct pronounciation when we get the more difficult one. Tarfessock is a bit of a mouthful already but there is much interesting to come yet. I'm sure were going to have lots of fun.

John Adair Enterpo> "John Adair" writes:

Reply to
John Adair

I knew geography had to be in there somewhere :-)

Thanks! Martin