DDR Error : partial row address regardless

Hi,

I use V2P70 to control DDR SDRAM (HY5DU561622CT-J) in the clock of 166MHZ. The row address of this chip if [12:0].

The strange thing is that sometimes one of ddr chip will regardless parital row address[12:9]. Then this chip size is become from 16Mb * 16 to 1Mb * 16.

What kind of wrong operation will make ddr chip become this error. since the error will recover after power off-on.

BTW, reconfiguation FPGA or reinit DDR SDRAM can not help DDR chip leave from this error.

sincerely, seyor

Reply to
seyior

HI, I think I have found the problem. The board supports dynamic config FPGA via PCI I/F. Since software set FPGA's user reset to active before re-config FPGA, the DDR chip will not become error again.

reset it, before re-config it. is this a rule for XILINX? :)

regards, seyior