Can Altera NIOS be synthesized on non-cyclone/stratix FPGAs?

We have Quartus III at school, but only have the Altera UP2 development board to work with. It only has 70k gates, so Im guessing it wont be enough.

Also does anyone know of a low cost (

Reply to
Ben Nguyen

Assuming you have access to the Nios, the Parallax Cyclone Fastpack is a neat little board @ $195.00. Has a speaker and leds and 8Mbit serial flash.

They have lots of other boards at different levels too. Don't know if they discount to schools. I have a friend who has built a successful commercial board with Nios on the same Cyclone chip.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Land