Are the Xilinx pcores files not searchable?

Hi, all

I know some files in the folder: C:\EDK\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores\proc_common_v2_00_a\hdl\vhdl. But when I used the XP search program to look for them, it can't find the files.

I wonder whether these lib files are encrypted to prevent us from finding?

BTW, what i am trying to find is: I am trying to find async_fifo_v4_0.vhd.

Thanks.

Reply to
agou

It is in $XILINX/vhdl/src/XilinxCoreLib.

Reply to
Duane Clark

I found where the file is by hand later. What I am curious is when I used the SEARCH program to look for it, I could get it. Why is that?

Reply to
agou

That I have no idea about. I'm running Linux, so I don't even know what the "SEARCH" program is.

By the way, hopefully you noticed that the XilinxCoreLibs are a bit unusual. While quite a few of the files in that library are used in simulation, they are not used in synthesis. The synthesis tool sees the lines in async_fifo_v4_0_comp.vhd:

attribute GENERATOR_DEFAULT of async_fifo_v4_0: component is "generatecore com.xilinx.ip.async_fifo_v4_0.async_fifo_v4_0";

and uses an EDK tool to generate the core. I find it kind of strange that the source files are in ISE but the generation tool is in EDK. Here are the lines from the log file:

Release 7.1.04i - edk_generatecore $Revision: 1.1.2.1.4.14.2.1 $ Copyright (c) 1995-2005 Xilinx, Inc. All rights reserved. Warning: EDIF Netlist being generated Generated unit .

Reply to
Duane Clark