LTSpice XVII keeps looking in the wrong folder

I have a schematic in a folder with model files that was on the desktop, which I then moved to a sub-folder on the C drive.

As I understand it the software is supposed to look for the files specified in .inc foo.mod-type directives within the folder that contains the .asc file that contains those directives, if it doesn't find them within its own library. Always seemed to work before.

But now it keeps complaining it can't find them in a path to a folder that doesn't even exist, anymore! How do I tell it to quit doing that?

Reply to
bitrex

Sub-directory, rather. Ugh I've been working in Windows too long.

Reply to
bitrex

Might be pilot error--try opening the .asc file in a text editor.

Does it work with an otherwise-empty schematic?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It was something to do with the auto-generated symbol file associations I think. Start new schematic in that new directory and .inc the file it works fine, but add the auto-generated symbol and it doesn't. Re-generate the symbol and it works OK again. Before doing that though it was definitely complaining about not being able to find a .mod file, in a directory unrelated to either the current directory or the LTSpice directory.

Could've sworn I'd moved the folder around before and there wasn't a problem. Hmm...

Reply to
bitrex

I know my complaints are no substitute for a solution, but this is where LTspice seems to fall flat on its face, making it easy to manage external models. Even when you don't have issues with LTspice finding your directory the many, myriad ways required to add the different types of models makes it hard to find a consistent way to work. It seems every time LTspice is started something else happens that requires a new snipe hunt... I mean Google search for information.

I wonder of universities have advanced degrees in Google searching?

I feel your pain and I wish you luck in your adventures.

Reply to
Rick C

After a solution is applied, you may have to restart LTspice, then remove and re-enter the device symbol, before you can know whether the 'fix' has worked.

RL

Reply to
legg