Altera Quartus Timing Models

How do I perform a timing analysis using Quartus, with a worst case temperature of less than the default for the device? For example, I would like to check timing on a commercial grage-7 Cyclone part at 55C.

Many thanks,

Alan Myler

Reply to
alanmyler

Mostly when the software calculates its timings, it displayes the worst case timings assuming low voltage and max temp (85C). At 55C the timings get slightly better. If you want to use a device whos timings arn't met by default, then contact your Altera dealer directly.

Simon

Reply to
Simon Peacock

The situation is that my design isn't meeting the default worst case timing. However, the device isn't going to heat up to 85C in operation, I estimate it'll hit 55C max., so I'm simply looking for some way of assuring myself that it'll meet the timing constraints under this less harsh operating environment.

Alan

Reply to
alanmyler

I was in a similar situation and was able to get a guidance document from Altera that indicated how much performance was lost/gained from processing, voltage and temperature.

They won't guarantee the numbers.

But be careful since you've got no room for changes that increas the delays.

george

Reply to
GMM50

In that case use a faster device.. it'll be cheaper in the long run

Simon

Reply to
Simon Peacock