Altera Quartus 4.0 - inconsistent simulation results

I have encountered a problem with Quartus 4.0 :

Component behaves different in simulations when placed in different projects. The behaviour change is quite severe, for example, the LPM_FIFO megafunction supposed to deactivate the "empty" signal when the data becomes valid on its output ports (Show-Ahead mode) and does so in one simulation. However exactly the same megafunction in a different project toggles "empty" signal long before the output becomes valid. I had similar problem with a flip-flop when it would not keep the signal it captured (no resets or anything) but when another flip-flop was connected in parallel to it in the design, it simulated fine.

I am at a point where I need to finalize my design, yet this prevents me from moving forward.

Does anyone know whats going on ?

Thnx.

Reply to
vadim

You can see source code for lpm_fifo at:

Talk to altera or write your own fifo.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler