What does a Tektronix 308 Data Analyzer do?

I have a Tektronix 308 Data Analyzer that is in good shape. I was going to put it on ebay but I would like to know if I could use it for something. I have tried to read the instruction manual but I still don't know what it can actually do. I would hate to sell it just to find out a week later that it will find automotive shorts or read my cars error codes or something equally helpfull. I have the instruction manual, stand, all the cables, probes and other things that comes with it.

I have very limited electronic experience and my electronics education consists of reading the first six chapters of an intro level book. If I am completely in over my head, I would appreciate it if you would tell me. Thanks

John snipped-for-privacy@ardnet.com

Reply to
Okie John

If you are servicing 1970s vintage logic boards, and need to do state, timing or signature analysis on them, it would be useful. If you are not servicing vintage equipment, with a manual that specifies what a data analyzer should show for that equipment, I do not think it would be of any use.

I see 308s selling for $200 - $500 from used instrument dealers, so it should fetch a few bucks on eBay.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI

Dale H. Cook

Thanks for the quick reply. Since I don't know what state, timing or signature analysis is, I guess its headed for eBay. I just kept looking at it and thinking that I should be able to do something with it.

John

Reply to
Okie John