HP 16500A - configuration problem

I recently got an HP 16500A. I have a 15510B logic analyzer card in it and the 400 megasample oscilloscope card set. The unit worked fine, but the logic analyzer software didn't work because the software was corrupted (CRC error message)

I upgraded to version 6 software in hopes of solving the problem, but I cannot get the unit to work now. The software seems to load fine, but when you display the configuration, it shows unrecognized cards for all the cards. However, if you run test from the front panel it correctly identifies the three cards. If you try to do most anything an error message appears "No configuration loaded." What am I doing wrong? I can still load the old version and get the DSO to work.

I am new to this device so if I am asking something stupid I appologize. I do not have manuals yet and just can't seem to find my way past this. I will really appreciate any advice that is offered. Thanks.

John Knight

Reply to
john Knight

John, You probably don't have the module file on your disk. Check the contents and see if you have it there. Did you ever get my boot disk to work?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Dombrowski

The version 6 software for the 16500A usually arrives in six disks.

You will need to make a disk with these files on it:

SYSTEM_ (for 16500A mainframe) SYSTEM_031 (for 16510A logic analyzer) SYSTEM_011 (for 16530A/16531A oscilloscope)

This will be about all that can fit on one disk.

Or you can put DISK1 in the front drive and DISK4 in the rear drive then turn on the 16500A.

Reply to
Keyser Soze

Mike, Yes I did extract the files successfully after fooling with various CD programs and the like. It is that software that I can't seem to get to work. I have the correct files copied on to a "working" disk but continue to get the errors I have indicated. Also, the old version works fine for the DSO (logic analyzer file is corrupted) Perhaps the files did not copy properly, although I would think that that kind of error would be detected somewhere (CRC error or the like) I don't know...

Kindest Regards John Knight

Reply to
john Knight

I am afraid I have already created the working disk exactly as you have explained, but continue to get the errors I have indicated. Also, the old version (5.06) works fine for the DSO (logic analyzer file is corrupted) Perhaps the files did not copy properly, although I would think that that kind of error would be detected somewhere (CRC error or the like) I don't know...