Slightly OT - HP logic analyzers, 16500a,b,c

Yesterday I picked up a 160 channel state/timing module for a 16500 series logic analyzer at my local surplus- monger. I paid essentially zero for it. Now I'm looking for a cheap mainframe to plug it into.

I noticed that 16500-series mainframes come in 3 flavors, with the c version having a DOS disk drive. It also appears that some of the versions support ftp and some sort of a remote x-based console.

C versions come up on ebay from time to time with the HD either removed or non-functional. Is it possible to install a commodity HD and reload the software? HP's support site doesn't seem to have the files to reload the HD.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Jim Stewart