Subject Author Posted Replies

A missing PPC405 instruction
Hi All, I was unable find a description of a PPC405 instruction "blrl". It looks like a branch, but I never found it in the manuals like UG11. The instruction use can be found in e.g....
3
3

abt acquiring emg signals..
im right now working in designing emg amplifier.. i think instrumentation amplifier is the best choice... can u suggest some ideas..
3
3

Recommendations for a Quadrature Decoder IC or MicroController
I have an atmega16 that interfaces to a motor with a quadrature encoder sensor. Turns out the frequency of the pulses are much more than my little 4Mhz can handle (the micro does other things as...
13
13

Displaying real-time data through LCD
Hi, As of now, I can display text through a 4x20 LCD ("Hello World!"). However, I need to display real-time data which is computed every 2secs. In the sample codes that I have seen (and have used),...
3
3

How to use a 4x20 lcd.
Hi, I need to use an lcd display for my project and what we have here is a 4x20 lcd. However, I can't find any starters's guide for using such device. Btw, I'm using a zilog mcu and I have enough I/O...
7
7

Chip Gracey Interview
26-Jul-2008 Heard of Parallax? Then this should interest you: Cheers Don... -- Don McKenzie Site Map: Contact Page: Xbee Wireless Modules, and low cost Interface Boards.

AVR bootloaders
Just spent an hour googling I'm trying to find a reasonable BL for the enduser, preferably using USB/FTDI or the silicon labs thingy/equivalent. Just to update their AVR, nothing special, apart from...
3
3

NOR flash erase failures - what do they look like?
If we lost power during a flash block erase on a traditional CFI NOR flash (e.g. S29AL032D) what would the resulting bit pattern likely look like? I know that the erase operation flips all bits to 1...
1
1

Looking for DAQ system, 0Hz to 1kHz
Hi, I'm looking for a DAQ system capable of measuring low frequency signals from 0.01 Hz up to 1kHz. 12 bit A/D is suffcient. Local data storage of 1 Mega samples or more. Portable would be nice. I...
7
7

RJ45 case
I have put together a little RS232 booster which uses RJ45 connectors (line powered), around 70 are required, so I am looking for a little box with RJ45 cutouts at each end. Around 50mm by 30mm. I...
3
3

Microtek Mice for the Z80
If anyone finds it interesting, I have a MICE-II for the Z80 that's about to leave the house. I also have some data books on the subject and some Z80 computers (Luxor ABC80). If I don't get any...

Embedded Unit test with TestApe
Dear reader The TestApe unit test framework is a framework for unit testing embedde software written in plain C. It will run with GCC/Linux, GCC/CygWin o Microsoft CL/Windows. Latest release has just...
4
4

What uses most power in Ebook-reader aps.?
I've had this pocket calculator to 10 to 20 years: marked "2 penlight..for over 22,00 hours of continuous use, -- auto shut off". It's use for a few minutes, about 10 times a year. I replace the AAs...
2
2

Unable to boot Kernel on ARM after Memory Remap
Hi everyone, I've been working with an imx27ads from Freescale. The BSP from Freescal includes a Redboot that contains the following memory map: Phys | Virtual | Enabled|Type 0xA0000000-0xA7FFFFFF|...
1
1

arm9e: how do I invert sign of a halfword?
Hi, suppose I have two 16bit coefficients (c1=0x11, c2=0x22) packed in one register, r0 = 0x00110022. Now I only want to invert the sign of the top halfword so that r0 = 0xFFEF0022. Is there an way to...
40
40