Unable to boot Kernel on ARM after Memory Remap

Hi everyone,

I've been working with an imx27ads from Freescale. The BSP from Freescal includes a Redboot that contains the following memory map:

Phys | Virtual | Enabled|Type

0xA0000000-0xA7FFFFFF| 0x00000000-0x07FFFFFF| Yes |SDRAM 0xD6000000-0xD6FFFFFF| 0xD6000000-0xD6FFFFFF| No |SRAM

I've managed to enable the SRAM (verified by loading kernel to it an reading checksum). I've also disabled the SDRAM and mapped the SRAM to th base as follows:

Phys | Virtual | Enabled|Type

0xA0000000-0xA7FFFFFF| 0xA0000000-0xA7FFFFFF| No |SDRAM 0xD6000000-0xD6FFFFFF| 0x00000000-0x00FFFFFF| Yes |SRAM

I've changed to the best of my knowledge all of the macros where SDRAM wa being used to use SRAM and the virt_to_phys functions as well. I've als changed the default entry address to 0xD6008000. I've also verified th virtual to physical mapping by writing data to the virtual location an dumping it from the physical to ensure they match.

The problem is this: If I try to boot the kernel with SDRAM disabled an only SRAM enabled with the second set of memory maps, the "exec" comman just hangs. It doesn't even get to "Uncompressing Linux". I know th loading of the kernel into SRAM is successful because I run a 'cksum' an match it to that on the host.

However, if I simply enable the SDRAM with the second set of memory map and load the kernel into SRAM(@ 0x100000), then the kernel boot fine...which suggests to me that there is still a location somewhere tha is telling the kernel to use 0xA0008000 as its entry point.

I've checked everywhere in the Redboot source but can't figure this out but then again I've only been working with Redboot for about a week. I there anyplace in the kernel source where I should make changes as well? don't _think_ there should be other than possibly changing 'PHYS_OFFSET (which I tried).

My goal here is to only use the SRAM and completely disable SDRAM. I anyone can even shed some remote light on this, I'd greatly appreciate it please let me know if I can help clarify the issue any better.

Reply to
sg83

Freescale

the

was

and

that

it.

Is the SRAM flash? Can you stop the boot sequence in the Freescal debugger, and read the SRAM locations before RedBoot even runs (you migh have to hand set up the page mapping)?

Jeff

JeffR