Subject Author Posted Replies

16550 UART Initialization Routine
16550 UART Initialization Routine I'm having a little trouble trying to get my 16550 to Receive Characters. I can get it to transmit Bytes, but it will not receive bytes. My Initialization Routine is...
2
2

USB enumeration
Hi All, I'm desining a USB CDC (communication device class) device using MAX3420. The configuration descriptor is 67 bytes long. for Full-speed operation maximum payload in a packet is 64 bytes. Does...
6
6

Gigabit Ethernet
Does any body know how is the crc is calculated for jumbo frames of siz greater than 9K. What algorithm is used for that?
4
4

interfacing 89S52 to Winbond 29c020
Dear all I am a new comer to this blogs but microcontroller isn't new for me. I've had a problem to write and read data from Windbond 29C020. I've already followed the instruction from their data...
3
3

Senior Embedded Software Design Engineer Position
We are seeking a Sr. Embedded Software Design Engineer for a Client locate on the outskirts of Springfield, Illinois! This is a Permanent role with world-leader in the manufacturing of rugged...

arm9 memory throughput
Hi folks. I'm working on an ARM9 system (the DaVinci). Yesterday a workmate and I made some tests to measure the memory speed of the system and we wonder a bit about the numbers we get. In short the...
5
5

Microwave communications
I need to design a system that communicates in the microwave range (> 5GHz) using a horn antenna... Does any body know if there are any off the shelf chipsets, or can point me in the direction of any...
7
7

using the mex file model for xfft_v5 Xilinx core-generator
http://www.xilinx.com/products/ipcenter/FFT.htm
1
1

PIC 18F4550 - EUSART does not generate interrupts
Hi All, I have the following problem with the PIC18F4550. The EUSART is initialized as follows: movlw b'11111111' movwf TRISC,ACCESS movlw low(d'1249') movwf SPBRG,ACCESS movlw high(d'1249') movwf...
2
2

Loop-dedicated benchmark suites?
Hi, I want to evaluate the effectiveness of a research C source-to-source optimizer on benchmarks. Especially, I'm interested in the supported loop transformations. Since embedded system applications...

Variable reluctance motor drive?
Hi group- I've been experimenting with variable stepper motor samples for personal education. One of my motor samples is what I'm pretty sure is a variable reluctance motor (VRM) salvaged from an old...
10
10

Affordable PCB Layout Software ???
Um ... has there been some kind of conspiracy at work over the past few years to totally drain the marketplace of decent PCB layout/routing software ??? Circuitmaker, Protel, Traxmaker ... the...
150
150

Flushing EP2IN on MAX3421E and WinUSB
In my project I sometimes read a stream of data from a device attached to a MAX3421E. That part has a couple of 64 bytes FIFO's, and when they are empty, I fill them again, and lovely data rates. All...
4
4

Procyon Library for Atmel AVR MCU - I²C problems
Hello! I am new to programming and am struck with the Manual for the Procyon Library for Atmel's ATMega MCUs. It basically provides functions for all the interfaces and functions available on the...
3
3

A missing PPC405 instruction
Hi All, I was unable find a description of a PPC405 instruction "blrl". It looks like a branch, but I never found it in the manuals like UG11. The instruction use can be found in e.g....
3
3