Looking for DAQ system, 0Hz to 1kHz

Hi, I'm looking for a DAQ system capable of measuring low frequency signals from 0.01 Hz up to 1kHz. 12 bit A/D is suffcient. Local data storage of

1 Mega samples or more. Portable would be nice.

I can PayPal $10 to the provider of info to the best system.

--
Jim Burke
ctbiodzl@sdf.lonestar.org

Check this out:

However, only 0.5MB and didn't see info on max rate but they've got others. If not they should be able to point you into the right direction.

If you can use a laptop or PDA the 12-bit version of this one might be of interest:

This is what I am using at my clients and sometimes here in the lab:

Should I be the winner please donate the $10 to your church, hunger aid or local animal shelter.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Details? How many channels? Differential or single ended? Input voltage range handled, (i.e. bit resolution) Removable storage desired or communication required? AC or battery powered? Is DC measurement undesirable? Desired total cost or cost per channel? Number of units desired (one off or 1000+)? Shoot, you owe me $10 already....

Reply to
Freelance Embedded Systems Engineer

Minor detail - what does it measure? Voltage? Peak or RMS? Frequency? Harmonic content? Something else? All of those?

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

Jim,

Have you looked at what DATAQ has to offer?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Seriani

I really really like this product - I used it to capture accelerometer, gyro and temperature data for development of an IMU and a related gesture-recognition system.

Can capture a combination of analog, digital and/or serial data and store to an SD card of your choice.

Reply to
larwe

THanks to all who took the time to reply.

Dataq's DI-71x series would work for this app. But Joerg's suggestion to use a LabJack U3 and a laptop wins because I happen to have both. Unfortunately my old U3 doesn't support streaming mode, which is required to sample a 1000Hz signal. So I upgraded to their UE9 which supports streaming and is faster, has more precision and is more robust. The DB37 prototypying board makes it easy to integrate a filter and an op-amp. Sample C# streaming mode source code will save a few days work too.

A $10 check will be sent to the Meriden Animal Shelter.

Jim Burke

Great. Our U3's support streaming mode but nowadays we are mostly using them to drive SPI stuff.

AFAIK there is sample code to use the Labjack via VBA from Excel, this could save some more time. Last time I used DAQFactory because you can almost click the stuff together (I am not a good programmer) but my clients usually do everything in C like you are plnning to do.

Thanks!

--
Regards, Joerg  (has a Rottie, and a Shepherd whom we rescued from the
street)