A missing PPC405 instruction

Hi All,

I was unable find a description of a PPC405 instruction "blrl". It looks like a branch, but I never found it in the manuals like UG11. The instruction use can be found in e.g. edk_root/sw/lib/bsp/xilkernel_v4_00_a/src/syscall/arch/ppc405/ mksyscall.S

Thanks, Andrew

Reply to
andrew.nesterov

Google says: branch to the contents of the link register.

Scott

Reply to
Not Really Me

Thanks Scott.

I have to apologize here, after doing a search of the pdf (that same UG11) I found the acronym. It is in fact a simplified form of bclrl, and means Branch to Link Register and Link. I actually knew that there are simplified mnemonics are utilized along with complete ones in the PPC, but apparently my experience is short so far. The problem's solved.

Thanks again, Andrew

Reply to
andrew.nesterov

As does the Xilinx PowerPC processor reference guide.

-- Regards, Richard.

    &
17 official architecture ports, more than 6000 downloads per month.

    Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.

Reply to
FreeRTOS.org