RJ45 case

I have put together a little RS232 booster which uses RJ45 connectors (line powered), around 70 are required, so I am looking for a little box with RJ45 cutouts at each end. Around 50mm by 30mm. I don't mind pulling apart somebody elses product but so far have not found anything appropriate. Just wondered if anybody had any ideas. The case should cost no more that =A32 ($4). Thanks

Reply to
sjones

Didn't ISDN lines sometimes have an inline terminator between the phone and the wall, looking like a bulky RJ45-to-RJ45 joiner?

Reply to
cs_posting

I have seen RJ11 gender changers (female-to-female) that are roughly your dimensions. The end aperture is large enough to hold an RJ45.

Reply to
larwe

They also make these for RJ45 stuff. I have a couple I picke up at BestBuy on closeout. I used to use RJ45 for serial stuff back when it was more common. I defined a pinout in this form factor that would allow direct connection of all devices to RJ45 cable without concern about DCE/DTE due to the swapping in the cable (required that you install the connecters with a pin1 to pin 8 swap). Then you can just forget about geneder benders, etc.

I think the RJ45 to RJ45 I had was from Belkin. They can't be too expensive. I was able to take one apart by separating it at the glue line. BTW, it did swap pins, so I was able to use it to extend cables.

Rick

Reply to
TehPron