Subject Author Posted Replies

Large serial memory
What's the biggest serial memory? Have been using 32kb Ramtron chips. Needs 500kb and maybe more (lots of chips...). Uses a H8S2357 - using a parallell memory would waste a lot of pins and adds EMC....
5
5

PIC16F877 v PIC16LF877
Hello all I have tested one of each of the above pics in a circuit which just lights a led on PortB,0 via a 470 ohm. The clock is a 4MHz crystal. Both stop working at 4.0V although the 'LF should work...
7
7

80C186EB Serial Channel 1 Problem.
Hi, Need a bit of help with this one - Cant see what is wrong! I want to use both channels on the serial unit of the 80C186EB. When I receive data on channel 0, the RI bit is set and an interrupt is...

C code for measuring Water pressure - converting the analog signal from a transducer to digital
Hi, I am excuting a project where a module involves measuring the water pressure in a pipe. I have a transducer to convert the pressure to electrial signal. I want a C code (that I will embed in a...
5
5

IP core graphs
Hi, I am looking for IP core graphs (for some application like audio-video, mp3 decoder etc) with bandwidth requirements between the cores. I would be greatful if somebody could suggest possible...

Tecel 8051 T1 & S100 boards?
I've been looking for a source of low cost 8031 pcb's for projects. I found a company that have some that look promising - a T1 and a S100 board. Unfortunately the website doesn't give enough...
5
5

500K baud rate setup
Hi, guys, I have a high speed serial port PCI card. We replaced the original crystal( 14.7456MHz) with the new one 16.000MHz in order to communicate to a SICK laser scanner with the highest speed...
3
3

lottery terminal architecture
Shalom, I have seen many lottery terminals around me. I also know the transaction supported by the terminals, but was wondering what is the architecture of this lottery box? This box I have seen has:...

Need Sample MPC860 Code
Hi, i am working with an Embedded Planet RPX MPC860 board and am totally new to embedded programming. All i want to do is verify the steps to compile some code and put it into the flash memory. I can...
7
7

Re: Ruggedizing PC104?
I would like to thank everyone for their input. We are using the Tri-M Systems Can-Tainer with the Versa-Tainer shock mounting pad. Since our system only weighs 1.5 lbs, this is working fine. It has...

Re: SLIP on win2k
"Ralph Mason" wrote in message news:... Hi, in order to establish a SLIP connection using Win2K you must connect two Win2K PCs in the following way: 1) make a direct connection inside the "control...

Q: cheap case for Advantech boards?
Hi, I've got several different Advantech 3.5" biscuit SBC's that I'm playing around with. Since I'm only a hobbyist, I would like to find cheap cases that these boards can go into. Since they're...
3
3

Embedded system with RF
Hi all- I am new to embedded systems area. I have a question. I want an embedded system with the following specs. a) It should have an RF interface instead of Ethernet. b) It should be battery...
2
2

Re: Embedded Ethernet
"Craig Rodgers" wrote in news:bdcak4$fc$ Well if you can switch cores, there's: Or if not, why didn't you like:
29
29

5380 SCSI controller
Does anyone know if the 5380 SCSI controller is still available anywhere in 40 pin DIP? Someone just ordered some boards we designed in 1988 ... Stephen -- Stephen Pelc, MicroProcessor Engineering Ltd...
1
1