Large serial memory

What's the biggest serial memory? Have been using 32kb Ramtron chips. Needs 500kb and maybe more (lots of chips...). Uses a H8S2357 - using a parallell memory would waste a lot of pins and adds EMC. What's the normal route when more memory is needed?

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny Svensson

EEPROM or Flash right?

Atmel has a few so-8 serial flash chips at 4mbit and 8 mbit. Same as the parallel chips, except with the parallel ios left disconnected as far as I could tell.

Brett

adds EMC.

Reply to
Brett

EMC.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

adds EMC.

I think some of the serial page flash from toshiba goes up to 512mb.

Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Mason

SGS-Thomson also do