Subject Author Posted Replies

[ANN] Seminar: GPL versus Intellectual Property
Is your IP safe? What about tomorrow? What are you doing to protect your company's Intellectual Property while using GPL and other open source licensed software as SCO and IBM duke it out in the...

Re: need samsung evaluation board
: Looking for sam4 evaluation board for prototyping and learning. Any feedback : will be appreciated. Thnx. : Rich Roberge : Which Samsung CPU? If your looking for ARM7 4510B and live in the US, check...

Recommend USB Book?
Can anyone recommend a book for learning about the USB protocols? I'm not so much wanting to learn the electrical characteristics of USB so much as the data stream that goes over the wire. I found...
3
3

microcontroller suggestions anyone?
My project will be composed of an LCD (approx 150x15 pixels), an alphanumeric keypad and rougly 15-20 push-button inputs. The microcontroller must also have a USB interface to support USB 1.1...
18
18

Will the willem eeprom programmer program most pics/avrs?
Hi - I was looking at getting a Willem eeprom programmer, but I wanted to find out one thing first. On the spec sheet for it: it lists various avrs and pics that it supports. Is that most avrs/pics?...
6
6

System Simulation Error
Hi - I am a newbie ModelSim 5.6 SE user and am trying to troubleshoot this error - ______________________________________________ # -- Loading package standard # ** Error: (vcom-19) Failed to access...

Is a capacitor needed in parallel a with freewheeling diode ?
It is standard practice to put a freewheeling/clamping diode in parallel with an inductive load to clamp high voltage transients when the inductive load is switched off abruptly. I have seen some...
1
1

Re: Java VM on Emb Linux recommendations?
Hello, If performance is not critical you could use Sun's CVM. It supports the complete JVM Spec, and the CDC/Foundation stack that comes with it is fairly complete (not 100% compatible with J2SE...
2
2

Newsletter System Architecting
This is the newsletter of the Gaudi project a website about system architecting The book "Architectural reasoning; balancing genericity and specificity" is intended to become my PhD thesis....

RS-485 from Windows
Hi all, This might not be the right group to ask, but I suspect there must be people outhere who have dealt with this: I have an RS485 board in my Win2K machine, which uses the RTS signal to change...
23
23

Web server to PC serial port interface, free download
Group, You might remember a few weeks ago a post I made asking about some software called "Serial Host", which allowed special HTTP requests to send commands to an RS-232 device connected to the PC...
1
1

Small volume chip supplier(s)
I wonder what small volume supplier(s) you are using? At the moment I am looking for Ramtron FM24C256SE in 100-quantity. But some good overall supplier with reasonable prices in small volumes. I might...
1
1

Tool to "Find/Replace" variable- or function names ?
Hi, I used to use some DOS based program that could Find/Replace over multiple C-source files. One could specify whether it was a variable or function name. It broke under Win3.1 already, and so far I...
8
8

Re: A bit removed from the embedded realm. DIN rail G F I
Same reason a cat licks it's balls, because it can. (: Seriously, I think it's an economy of scale thing. 10,000 outlet box GFI units are made for each DIN rail GFI.

Newbie problem with 12c671
Hi, I am trying to modulate a serial pulse from my PC but the results seem a little delayed, for example if I transmit 0x20 onto PORTA, bit 3 thus: +----+----+----+----+----+----+ +----+----+ | | | |...
2
2