Tecel 8051 T1 & S100 boards?

I've been looking for a source of low cost 8031 pcb's for projects. I found a company

that have some that look promising - a T1 and a S100 board.

Unfortunately the website doesn't give enough technical info and an email to them hasn't brought any response.

Has anyone used these boards? If so, what I would like to know is:

  1. How is the ROM and RAM mapped on the T1 board? I intend to use my own software need to have the ROM and RAM mapped to the same 64K address space i.e. ROM at 1. How is the ROM and RAM mapped on the T1 board? I intend to use my own software need to have the ROM and RAM mapped to the same 64K address space i.e. ROM at $0000 and RAM at $8000.)00 and RAM at 00.)

  1. What sizes of EPROM and RAM can the T1 accommodate?

  2. The T1 mentions an RS-232 port - does it use a MAX232 on board?

  1. The S100 board is ROM only. What sizes of ROM can it handle?

  2. From the picture of the S100, I can't see any support chips? (I assume the LS373 and RS232 chip are buried under the mpu and/or rom chip - I hope they're not surface mount!)

thanks in advance, Ed

Reply to
Ed

that stuff looks a lot like it's from the stone age, maybe you want to keep looking. I think that's from someone in their basement after they lost a day job.

Reply to
me

Stone age is good enough :) I already have several 8031 chips in the junk box and don't need anything fancier for the moment.

Also I don't want to make my own PCB's or wire-wrap, so I'm looking for a source of cheap, general purpose

8031 pcb's.

Reply to
Ed

few you could look at

older type

these are quite nice and small, easy to use and cheap if you just get the pcbs and use bits out of your junk box

also used a couple of their boards (again just buy the pcb)

also look on

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

try the MCB900 boards from

or

They have the Philips LPC 932 on them

In article , Ed writes

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/ snipped-for-privacy@phaedsys.org

Reply to
Chris Hills

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and sources. There were several links that I hadn't yet encountered which look promising.

Ed

Reply to
Ed