[Urgent help needed] How to get the messages (with display, or monitor command) in Xilinx?

Hi...

I'm a newbie working in Xilinx 10.1 ISE. I coded a simple program in verilog (a 2-to-1 MUX) and perform the synthesis. To show the output I used display and monitor command. The synthesis goes on successfully, but there is no message on display.

The messages are the only way to understand if the test-bench is working correct, or not. I've been searching for the view-pane for one hour, but in vain. Pls tell me where is the output window... where code-generated message is shown.

Thanks a ton for your response in advance.

Reply to
thexmask