surlpus computers ?

hi
i am planning to buy a old CHEAP computer to make as a embedded system host
station. so i need to know if there are any places where i can get VERY
CHEAP surplus comps(maybe free. greedy greedy!).

does anyone of places near LA. or pnline. i tried searching but coulndt get
anything < 100$
thanks

Re: surlpus computers ?
CHEAP surplus comps(maybe free. greedy greedy!).
get

Look when the garbage is collectd in the business areas. Here in Edinburgh
(UK) I find a working PC every month on my way to work.

Wim

Re: surlpus computers ?

www.surpluscomputers.com had Dell desktop machines with Cel466 for $59
last time I checked.

Re: surlpus computers ?
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:47:42 -0700, the renowned "hsuri"

Around here, garbage day will net you Pentium I's or II's for free at
the curb. You might have to cannibalize a couple to get one working
one.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: surlpus computers ?

Yard sales, thrift stores, and flea markets.  Last weekend I got a nice
old Toshiba laptop, 640x480 color, hard disk, floppy, 14.4 modem, clip
on trackball-mouse, all works and still boots and runs win3.3.

$5

Re: surlpus computers ?

   Try a thrift store. I know of one (I ain't telling) that sells its
cast-off electronics junk for a couple of dollars. The computers are
usually AT's to 486's, but I've gotten a couple of pentium/win95
machines there.

   Look in the phone book for Goodwills, St Vincent De Paul's, and
other such thrift stores. Also, look in their dumpster in back.

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley

Re: surlpus computers ?

What sort of computer do you want?

You can get a new [surplus] device here for $10 that can make a compact
embedded unit:

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/h_misc_webpal.html

Site Timeline