searching embedded system

servas!

i'm searching an embedded system for some datalogging and temperaturecontrolling system, but cannot find anything useful :((

so i'd like to ask you, if you can point me to any system available. does anyone know an assembled system (i'm not interested in collecting modules together and assemble on my own) with:

maximum size 110x110x35 mm, the smaller, the better low power running a linux environment (need php-scripts) USB Host for connecting about 3 devices one RS232 would also be good to have WLAN ! cheap, of course :))))

the most suitable i've found by now would be

but isn't there something smaller with ARM-processors available????

ciao H.

Reply to
Heinz A. Krebs

Not ARM, unfortunately, but Google for ebox2300SX or go to

This is the SX version of what you found and has a 300MHz CPU and 24 GPIO lines. There's also a version with Wifi. You can have Xlinux, Puppy and a number of other Linux distros have been used.

Stephen

--
Stephen Pelc, stephenXXX@mpeforth.com
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691

Type of sensors? At least if you had mentioned these you might get closer to a suitable all-in one system.

How many channels, how much data to be stored and at what rate?

Steve's suggestion fits in with similar to what you have found but I get the feeling you need a bit more than just the PC. How are you handling the sensors?

Paul E. Bennett...............
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095
Paul E. Bennett

servas!

i'm working with 1-wire-sensors.

data are stored in a remote database about once in a minute ..

currently i'm running an old laptop for tests. so the eBox would fit my requirements and i could do a smooth change (and if i do not find alternatives, i'll by the eBox).

but i'm thinking about that the eBox is still a overhead to the features i need! i do not need 300MHz for just checking the sensors and then setting actions via USB-Power-switch. i do not need VGA-output.

yesterday i've found this device:

may i could go with this device ..

ciao H.

Reply to