Req: options for cheap ultrasonic transducers?

Just for playing around, I'd like to buy a few (preferably varied frequency) Ultrasound transducers. I checked radioshack, and they don't have anything listed. Anyone know of somewhere I could get a few cheap surplus parts to play with?

Thanks for any info, Keith

Reply to
Keith

$1.25 surplus at

$5-$7 new at

Standard disclaimers apply; I don't get money from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Piezo Discs. (Assortment) Perfect for replacement or experimental use. Set of 6 pieces. (Stock #: BZ01)

$3.00 Each

Doug

Buy an electronic ignition sigaret lighter. Contains a very cheap transducer. If you need a heavier one buy a kitchen gas lighter.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 02:01:26 +0100 in sci.electronics.components, Sjouke Burry wrote,

What is its response at ultrasonic frequencies?

Reply to
David Harmon

Try it, and see. Its cheap enough.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 05:16:03 +0100 in sci.electronics.components, Sjouke Burry wrote,

Bzzzt! Wrong. It was your suggestion, so you need to back it up with some real information, or you are just talking a load of crap.

Reply to
David Harmon

Check out Electronic Goldmine. They have ultrasonic transducers.

chemelec