Serial To Ethernet Converter

I need to remote RS232/RS485 signal over ethernet infrastructured network, which kind of device do you suggest me?? thanks a lot Bel

Reply to
QwertyBel

I spoke to a very nice man at ESS about his Protocessor device which should do what you need for about GBP200 for a one off. Check out

for details and
for a UK rep.

I have no experience of either the device or the company other than from the chat at the tradeshow.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

There is a company which has a number of conversion devices:

Gary Reichlinger

has a lot of nice modules also.

Reply to
Bjarne Bäckström

I'm partial to the XPort devices. There is an RS485 version:

GH

QwertyBel wrote:

Reply to
ghelbig

We tried theirs and they are buggy.

When asking for support, you do not get any, because they licensed it from Passport Networks and they do not know their own product.

Lantronix eval board is the same price as this converter (~$150 I think) and you do not have to solder a thing.

Roman

Reply to
Roman