elements required to interface the microcontroller with ethernet

i am doing my final term project with this microcontroller , which is to interface this microcontroller with ethernet to take information from the server to authenticate the user depending upon the information entered by the user ..... i want to know what all networking elements will be required to to interface this microcontroller with ethernet ...

any information given can be very vital thanks for the help in my cause..

Reply to
addy

See

Paul E. Bennett...............
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095
Paul E. Bennett

There are a couple ways to do this. The easiest way would be to purchase a serial to ethernet gateway device and interface the microcontroller to the gateway via thee serial port. Otherwise, you will need to create the circuitry to interface to a MAC (Media Access Controller) which will interface to a PHY (Physical Layer Controller) via the MII (Media Independent Interface). The PHY will then need to interface to a set of Ethernet Magnetics which will connect to the standard Ethernet RJ45 connector. I have implemented a system like this before and it is a lot of work. I would suggest you take a look at Lantronix (see link below) and the products that they have to offer.

Keith

husterk

i have been working on mplab 7-60 but not abled to make out how to select language tool will selection make some difference to this & is this software an usefull one

Reply to
addy