Question on Devicenet

Hello I am trying to retrive a revision number of a Prism (position sensor)(CutlerHammer make), and i am using netview to see the network on SST master Card (CutlerHammer) .i am sending a 0E(getattribsingle)

05(connection) 00(instance) 01(attributeId) this gives me an error as Arrrtibute not supported .why this is so i think i am doing right since revision is a class attribute i should be able to get that value by using instance Id 0 and revisoin is also a compulsory attribute am i wrong please correct me thanx in advance PMM
Reply to
pmm

If you are trying to get the revision of the Connection Object class that is implemented within this device then what you are sending seems correct. But I'm not sure whether that attribute is required to be implemented for the Connection object. And even if it is required now, it may not have always been so. A class's revision attribute is typically required only when a revision has been made to the class definition (that is, the revision is greater than 1). I don't know what the current revision of the Connection object is off hand but if this device was created when the Connection object was at revision 1 then the device probably doesn't support the class revision attribute. If a class's revision attribute is not implemented then its probably safe to assume that the class is implemented as revision 1.

If you are trying to get the revision of the firmware that the device is running then what you are sending is incorrect.

-- Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Kramb

Dear Mr Kevin Thanks for the reply Oh tht may be the mistake what i am trying to do that means the sequence is correct and instance 0 do exist am i right ??and is not optional

-PMM

Reply to
pmm

The current Devicenet Release (2.0) says that the Revision attribute is conditional. There hasn't been a later release or I would have heard about it. If you are wanting to get the Firmware revision the easiest way would probably be to contact the manufacturer. The reason being, if they don't implement the Communication Object Class revision attribute, then they might not have implemented the Parameter Object Class. Good Luck, Chris

Reply to
Chris Hiler

The firmware revision can be read from the Identity Object (Class code 1), Instance 1, Attribute number 4 (Revision).

-- Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Kramb