PC104 + WIN 2003 Server + RAS + GPRS Modem: absurd ?

My idea is the following, is it completely absurd ?

I know that W2000 server works with RAS on a pc104. Will W2003 server also work ?

I'm thinking about Win 2003 because i need the RAS (Remote Access Server for TCP/IP)

- PC104 (CPU 400 Mhz + 128 MB ram)

- HD 30 GB

- GPRS radio modem through RS 232 (hopefully supported by the RAS)

- Windows 2003 Standard Edition (becouse i need the RAS and neither Win XP Embedded nor Win CE seem to have it)

Thanks

Reply to
Generic Usenet Account

If you are located in the US I am not sure if any GPRS Network allows incoming data calls, CSD (Circuit Switched Data) connections. I know ATT and Tmoblie do not allow this. Do you know if this will work and with which provider?

Tony

Reply to
garcia916

I don't know if GPRS will work

I tried this: PC104 + WIN2000 SERVER + RAS + GSM modem worked fine and i know it worked fine...

Now my doubts are about integrating: a) PC104 WIN2003 b) WIN2003 RAS GPRS ( about WIN2003 RAS GSM i don't think to have special problems and if I don't find anyting better I will use GSM)

Now Microsoft does not seem to sell any more WIN 2000, and about radio modems my client wants to use the newer technology, but this secon is a minor problem.

Thanks

Paul

for

XP

Reply to
Generic Usenet Account

I recon you should not have a problem when it works under 2000. The driver model for 2000 is unchanged in 2003. Otherwise you might try to see if the GSM modem works under XP, if so it will work under 2003.

RAS should not cause troubles when you have a decent driver.

Only instead of 128 MB RAM you should use 256 MB RAM minimum under 2003.

- Joris

problem.

message

Server